Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Recipe of the Week - Grilled Salmon w/ Basil Cilantro Pesto

In This Issue:
[Seafood News] [Grilled Salmon with Pesto Recipe]

[Coupon Codes] [New Products]

Seafood News
Salmon - As of July 15, cumulative sockeye catch was 25,711,584 fish, compared with 26,137,000 year-ago. Not bad considering the runs are a couple weeks late this year. There is a general trend this year towards a slightly smaller average fish weight/size.

New Products
We have listened to your feedback over the past few years regarding the general availability of quality ingredients in you local market. The grocery business is tough for smaller, craft manufacturers to get shelf space and keep it. Over 95% of a typical grocery stores items are designed to appeal to everybody. Unfortunately, many of our customers are in the other 5%! We often hear from customers who have visited Seattle and purchased or received Tom Douglas Rubs as a gift then cannot find them where they live. As a result, 3 years ago, we began carrying Tom's Rubs for Seafood. Later, based on customer requests, we expanded our selection to include all of Tom's rubs!
Seasonings - Many of our Hawaiian visitors first become familiar with Hawaiian Seafood in the restaurants of Hawaii. The spices and seasonings to make authentic Hawaiian Seafood dishes at home are often hard to find. As a result, we are expanding our selection of seasonings to include Noh Hawaii's seasoning mixes. Founded in 1963, NOH FOODS OF HAWAII remains a family owned and operated company. The products of NOH originated from the kitchen of the very first Korean restaurant in Honolulu, Hawaii - Arirang. Noh's award winning seasonings make it easy to prepare a multitude of Hawaiian & Pacific Rim dishes with a minimum amount of fuss. Unlike many larger seasoning companies offerings, Noh had to face the toughest critics; people who made these dishes from scratch! There are 28 different Noh seasoning blends to choose from! Just say "Yes" to Noh!

Sauces - Our friends at Arturo's, home of the famous Maui Onion Salsas will be joining us later this month as well. Salsa is easy to make. Great salsa takes time and quality ingredients. Once you taste Arturo's Famous Salsa you will understand why Arturo's Salsa has been an Hawaii favorite for over 20 years! Arturo's also has a complete line of Hot Sauces which we will be adding as well.

Grilled Sockeye Salmon with Basil/Cilantro Pesto Recipe of the Week - July 22nd, 2008

6-8 Portions of Wild Ocean Seafoods Sockeye Salmon Fillets or Whole Fillet
2 garlic cloves
Juice of 1 large lemon
1/2 cup olive oil
2 bunches of basil
1 bunch cilantro
½ cup pine nuts
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan or asiago cheese
Salt/Pepper to taste

Prep: (Mis en place)
Basil/Cilantro Pesto:
Dice Garlic, Basil & Cliantro
Grate Cheese
Place Ingredients in blender or food processor
Add Pine Nuts, Lemon Juice
Start food processor on low, slowly adding olive oil.
Increase speed to puree
Lightly season Salmon Fillet(s) with Salt and Pepper

Grill salmon until flesh is slightly firm & flaky, with distinct white lines from the fat
(About 12-15 minutes depending on your BBQ)

Place the Fillet(s) onto a platter and drizzle the fresh pesto down the center of the fish.
More pesto can be served tableside.
Garnish plate with half lemon and sprg of basil.


Coupon Codes for July
Save 20% on Tom Douglas Sauces & Marinades - Use Coupon Code TOM20
Save an additional 10% on King Crab Snap n Eat Leges & Claws - Use Coupon Code SNAP10
Save an additional 10% on Hawaiian Ono (Whahoo) - Use Coupon Code ONO10



Post a Comment

<< Home